Holy Smokes! This Incredible New App Will Have You Reading An Entire Novel In Under 90 Minutes!

Are you ready to take your reading speed to a whole new level?  App developer Spritz, based out of Boston, MA wants to help.

Sure, speed reading is about as old as reading itself but Spritz is tackling it from a completely new angle. The trick is finding what the company calls the “Optimal Recognition Point” or ORP.

With Spritz, your reading becomes more efficient because the ORP of each word is defined for you (this is the red letter in the examples below).

Better yet, the ORP is always in the same place which maximizes the time your brain spends processing content without having to waste time searching for the next word’s ORP.

But enough with all of this science, go ahead, give it a try for yourself…

 

Start out at 250 words per minute

How fast is this really?

The example above is set at 250 words per minute.  Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is 76,944 words long (309 pages) according to The Harry Potter Lexicon.  At this rate, you could read the entire book in just over 5 hours.

 

Not too bad…try 350 words per minute

350 words per minute doesn’t seem that much faster.  At this speed, it would take you 3 hours and 40 minutes to finish HP1.

When reading, only about 20% of your time is spent processing content.  The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word and scanning for the next ORP.

 

Once you’ve mastered 350 WPM move on to 500 words per minute

Sure, it’s getting a bit harder to follow and will definitely take some practice to read at this speed.  Keep this up and about 2.5 hours later you would have finished HP1.

 

But don’t feel like you have to stop there.  Spritz will go all the way up to 1000 WPM.  At this pace, it would only take about 90 minutes to read the first Harry Potter from cover to cover.

Of course, that will take some practice.

Image Source | Story Source